It's no secret that eyelash extensions have become all the rage in recent years. From celebrities to everyday women—eyelash extensions are seen as a way for us ladies to enhance our natural beauty and feel better about ourselves. They offer an effortless way of creating fuller and longer lashes without having to apply mascara or falsies every day, making them a suitable pick-me-up for anyone looking for highly visible results with minimal commitment. In this blog post, we'll give you helpful information on what it takes to get longer lashes with lash extensions and provide tips on how to keep them looking fabulous!
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Unlock the beauty of fuller, longer lashes with eyelash extensions! Through a semi-permanent bonding process using only the highest quality adhesives and synthetic fibers, you can enjoy exquisite results that last for weeks. Experience the transformative power of lash extensions today and give your eyes an instant boost in confidence.
The procedure for getting eyelash extensions typically takes between one to two hours, depending on the desired length and thickness of the lashes. The process involves isolating each natural lash with a tweezer and applying a synthetic lash to it using a special adhesive that is safe for use on sensitive skin around the eyes.
There are several types of eyelash extensions available, including mink, silk, and synthetic lashes. Mink lashes are made from the fur of minks and are known for their natural-looking appearance. Silk lashes are thinner and lighter than mink lashes but are still very durable. Synthetic lashes, on the other hand, are made from plastic fibers and are the most affordable option.
The advantages of getting eyelash extensions include enhancing the natural beauty of the eyes, boosting self-confidence, and saving time in the morning when getting ready. They also eliminate the need for mascara, which can be time-consuming to apply and smudge throughout the day.
It is essential to have eyelash extensions applied by a trained professional to ensure safety and achieve the desired results. Improperly applied eyelash extensions can cause damage to natural lashes or even lead to an eye infection. It is also crucial to follow aftercare instructions carefully to ensure the longevity of the lashes. With proper care, eyelash extensions can last up to six weeks before needing a touch-up.
Ways to maintain healthy eyelash extensions
Managing Your Eyelash Extensions
How to Provide Maintenance for Your Lash Additions? You could be a novice at extensions, or you may already be a frequent enthusiast of them. Nevertheless, it is essential that, regardless of your experience level, you are armed with the required data to enable you to effectively maintain your eyelashes.
Extensions are delicate and need care in order to stay intact. Generally, the length of time they will last depends on how you treat them.
There are three principal motivations to take care of them properly:
- Negative impacts on your eyelashes. Doing the wrong things to them can have a detrimental effect on their health, making it harder for new growth to occur and resulting in an uncomfortable accumulation of dead skin on their eyelids without regular maintenance.
- Eyelash extensions that have been exposed to mascara, oily makeup, and stripped lashes will not appear desirable for an extended period of time.
- The financial and temporal outlay for infill maintenance is determined by the number of individual extensions that require replacing. If you take care of your lashes, you may be able to reduce the frequency and duration of scheduled appointments, resulting in cost savings.
Things to Do
- Minimize contact with them, particularly in the initial period. Excessive touching transfers oils from your hands onto the lashes, which can result in strain on the root.
- Attempt to keep your lashes dry for a minimum of one day and one night. If you must cleanse your hair, just use tepid water and avoid getting it into your eyes. Additionally, abstain from hot showers, steamy places such as spas and saunas, and hot climates during that period. Doing so should let the adhesive bond firmly.
- After the initial 24 hours of use, they are generally regarded as waterproof. However, if you engage in activities such as swimming or soaking in a hot tub on a regular basis, your lifespan may not be as long as if you did not, due to friction when the water gets in your eyes.
- To manage an overly-oily complexion, utilize blotting papers, matte moisturizers, and oil-free creams to reduce shine.
- It is important to utilize oil-free items on your skin, especially eye makeup removers and facial care items.
- Scrub them methodically, no less than a few times weekly, using a lathery eye cleaner. A minuscule quantity of infant shampoo (not the moisturizing kind) is acceptable as well.
- Inform us in advance if you anticipate needing additional time due to shedding more eyelashes than anticipated, or would like to add a thicker set of lashes.
- Please let us know if you have any worries or inquiries – we would be delighted to assist!
Things to Avoid
- Avoid fiddling with or pulling at your eyelashes, and do not rub your eyes harshly. If you are someone who has the habit of plucking them, it can severely hurt your natural lashes.
- Avoid putting oily products on your eyes or face
- Do not apply water-resistant or oil-based mascara or eyeliner (pen liquid liner is usually acceptable, or we have a range of suitable cosmetics).
- Try to refrain from applying mascara if possible
- Do not employ baby wipes/makeup wipes/cotton pads to remove cosmetics from your face.
- Do not try to take them off yourself – as it can harm your original lashes. If desired, we can eliminate them for you.
- Avoid using soaps, oils from coconuts, and the like on your face if you wish your eyelashes to remain intact.
- Do not layer false eyelashes on top of your natural lashes unless you are willing to risk breaking a few of your own when attempting to remove them.
- Do not attempt to ignite a cigarette on your oven or stovetop (a helpful suggestion in general - and will also prevent your eyelashes from becoming burned and frayed at the tips!)+
Why is Eyelash extension Aftercare Important?
Aftercare is essential to keeping your lash extensions healthy and reducing the risk of infection. If not properly dried or cleaned, moisture and bacteria can collect between the lashes, leading to painful and uncomfortable eye infections. Additionally, neglecting regular maintenance will cause premature shedding of the glue-adhered extensions as well as damage natural eyelashes, which are crucial for achieving a beautiful look. To ensure maximum longevity without compromising safety, frequent cleaning along with proper drying techniques must be applied - this way you'll avoid all those undesirable outcomes while still enjoying gorgeous, long-lasting lush lashes!
Moreover, aftercare is important to keep your natural lashes healthy. Eyelash extensions can cause stress to your natural lashes if not maintained properly. Failure to remove makeup, tugging or rubbing your eyes, or sleeping on your stomach can cause damage to your natural lashes. Thus, proper aftercare can ensure that your natural lashes get the nourishment they need, stay healthy, and grow. By following the recommended aftercare, such as avoiding oil-based products, using a lash brush, and avoiding contact with water for the first few hours, you can ensure that your eyelash extensions remain beautiful and healthy for weeks, even months.
The Consequences of Improper Maintenance
Improper maintenance of eyelash extensions can cause a range of problems for the wearer. One of the most common issues is premature shedding of the extensions, leading to a patchy and unsightly appearance. This is often caused by using oil-based products on or around the lashes, which can break down the adhesive that holds them in place. Rubbing or tugging at the extensions can also cause damage, leading to premature shedding.
In addition to shedding, neglected extensions can become tangled and matted, making them difficult to brush through and style. This can be uncomfortable for the wearer and may even lead to the development of bacteria or infections around the eye area. To prevent damage, it is important to take care when washing and styling lashes, using only water-based products and gentle strokes with a clean, soft brush.
If damage has already occurred, there are steps that can be taken to restore the appearance and health of the lashes. A professional lash technician can remove damaged or tangled extensions and replace them with fresh ones. It may also be possible to salvage damaged lashes with a conditioning treatment, designed to nourish and strengthen the natural lashes. Working with a trained and experienced technician and following proper maintenance guidelines can help ensure that eyelash extensions remain beautiful and healthy for as long as possible.
Are Fake Eyelashes Better Than Extensions?
Exercised with care, lash extensions remain in place for a lengthier timeframe than faux eyelashes. Generally speaking, extensions may last for as long as 6 weeks, whereas false ones often require replacement within a few uses due to contortion and reduced sticking power.
Is it Worth Investing in Eyelash Extensions?
When it comes to getting eyelash extensions, the decision ultimately lies in whether it is worth investing in them or not. One thing to keep in mind is that extensions require a certain amount of effort and maintenance to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. However, the benefits of having longer, fuller lashes can be life-changing for some individuals.
Not only do they eliminate the need for mascara and eyelash curlers, but they also improve self-confidence and save time in day-to-day beauty routines. Investing in high-quality eyelash extensions can be cost-effective, considering the impressive six-week life span. Ultimately, it is a personal decision whether to get eyelash extensions or not; however, their potential rewards make them worth your consideration.
The Bottom Line:
Ultimately, proper maintenance for eyelash extensions is essential in ensuring that you keep them looking their best. By following the simple aftercare regime outlined in this article, you can help keep your eyelash extensions looking luxuriously lustrous from day to day. With that said, if you're new to wearing eyelash extensions, it's important to remember that they are an investment and require regular care and attention in order to maintain their beauty.
That being said, with a little bit of effort, having lush-looking lashes is even easier than ever before! To make sure you get the most out of your lash extensions, consider investing in a set of high-quality microfibre towels or tweezers to facilitate easier cleaning and removal. But most importantly of all, don’t forget about the basics! Remember to clean your lashes gently when removing makeup and use an oil-free product; after all, these are designed specifically with lash extensions in mind! To learn more about eyelash extension aftercare and maintenance, visit our website today – it may just change your life!